14 weeks pregnant, your baby is able to suck her thumb. Watch this interactive video to learn your baby’s development and your body changes.
If you want to experiences a healthier, happier and beautiful pregnancy week.
From conception to birth, take a unique look on fetal development during the 9 months of pregnancy. Discover how your baby grows and what happens to your body during the whole pregnancy week.
Welcome expectant mothers!
– At 14 weeks, your baby is as size of a big lemon
– The biggest fetal development during 14th week is the ability of the fetus to exhibit facial expressions
– Baby’s height is 3.5 inches and weighs 1.5 ounces
– Your baby’s posture is improving, his neck is becoming more distinct and head more upright
– Baby’s arms and legs are growing to the length that is proportional to the rest of the body
– As your baby’s brain cells are growing and working he/she can use his/her facial muscles in making expressions
– The baby can frown, squint and react to external stimulus
If you peek inside the womb you might see the baby sucking his thumb
– At this period, a downy, ultra-fine hair called lanugo begins to develop that covers the fetus to keep him cozy and warm
– Once your baby accumulates some insulating fat most of the lanugo will shed
– Your baby’s brain develops into two distinct halves the left and right hemisphere
– Furthermore, the liver is starting to excrete bile while the spleen commences in the production of red blood cells
– Overall, the baby is flexible and active at 14th week, but mothers may not feel yet his punches and kicks
Stay tuned for next week’s video only on ConsumerHealthDigest.com. Till then take care of yourself.Tags: 13 Weeks 4 Days Pregnant, 14 Weeks 3 Days Pregnant, 14 Weeks Pregnant, 14 Weeks Pregnant Belly